Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day #2

Good morning!

So much has occurred since I last posted. For one, my first braai was extremely successful and the food and company alike were great! Everyone here in SA has been extremely welcoming and for that I am so grateful My first host family, the Reyburn's, are fantastic and by far some of the best people I have ever met. They have two sweet boys that call me "Auntie Taylor" (sweetest thing ever!).

It is a bit chilly here so I am trying to adjust to winter weather again. I am also trying to adapt to the lingo as South Africans use different terminology for common words. For instance, the store is the shop, a sweater is a jersey, and they "fetch" and "phone" you instead of "picking up" or "calling". They are all interested by my accent and extremely curious about the states and what we do there for work, fun, etc. OH! I almost forgot to tell you- I tried several new food items last night and even ate a steak for dinner! Too bad I didn't have any ranch dressing. (:

Today is a new day, I shall rejoice and be glad in it.
Sending lots of love from South Africa,

Taylor

P.S. My camera has been dead but I am currently charging it. Pictures coming soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment