Friday, June 20, 2014

Day #3

Happy Friday!

I realized today that I gave you a little bit of false information...my bad. For some reason I was under the impression that Holiday Club started this upcoming week on Monday. However, we still have one more week of preparation (setting up, decorating, registering, etc) before the Holiday Club begins. So, just to make sure we're clear- just one more week before everything begins.
  • Holiday Club (June 30th- July 4th)
  • Trailer Ministry (July 7th-11th)

Anywho, today was just a normal day. I worked at church for a little bit and am now resting a little while at the Reyburn's. I am going back to Eastside tonight to assist the youth with working on Holiday Club props and projects. However, I did find out today that I will be teaching the 6th & 7th graders for the Holiday Club. How perfect is that considering that's the age group of my Sunday School class at home?!

Tomorrow is going to be a pretty great day. In the morning, our trailer ministry team along with a few others from the church are going to the rural community in which we will be working in two weeks. We are traveling there to do a training session with their leaders as well as a "prayer walk". This prayer walk ultimately prepares the land and community for the upcoming trailer ministry events. As it was explained to me, the prayer walk is designed to declare the Lord's territory (rid of evil spirits) as we walk around praying, quoting scripture, etc. It is my understanding that false religions and witch craft are very common in South Africa, hence the prayer walk.

I must tell you that today for lunch I had a peanut butter and strawberry jam roll along with a pear. It was delicious! All of the fruits and vegetables here taste so much different than they do at home. Most of the produce bought come from local farmer markets and are not processed. It was odd to eat a pear that was soft and juicy instead of  hard and crunchy.

OH and Happy Anniversary, mom and dad!

xoxo
Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Taylor, I love your posts. I am glad we thought to create a blog, as you are such a creative writer. I always wanted you to be a journalist. The 6th and 7th graders will love you during Holiday Club. I know you will make a positive impression! Sorry my post shows Professor Felts, it is the only Google Account I have, LOL. Love you MOM.

    ReplyDelete