Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Day #7

I'm more than likely going to dream about stars tonight. Instead of painting them, I actually cut them out today. It wouldn't have been quite so bad if my hands hadn't been so cold throughout the process. The church is literally colder than being outside in the sun. You see, in Africa... they don't have central heating. So that means they rely on blankets, body heat, hot beverages, lots of clothes and floor heaters. But it's fine, I'm slowly getting used to it...kind of.

Anywho, my Eastside friends have gone from calling me "the American" to just simply "America". How creative. One specific friend, Adolf, gives me a particularly harder time than the rest. He actually reminds me of a younger, South African version of both Jamie and William. He is extremely witty and likes to pick on me.

As I was telling him about how I blogged about the "ya'll a mess" story, he quickly asked "Did you put my name in your blog?!". I immediately responded with "Well.. no, I would never do that" (thinking that that was the response he was hoping for). Actually, he was quite disappointed and told me that I must blog about him each day. HA! I think he secretly wants to become famous in America.

I told him that in order for me to blog about him he must do something worth blogging for each day. He certainly did just that later this afternoon. He walked in on mom and I FaceTiming and I called him over so that I could introduce them. As he stood over my shoulder after they had been introduced, he quietly said "Can I say that she's a mess?". Laughing hysterically, I told him of course he could. So he then looked down at my sweet mom and said "I think you're a mess".

Cameron, the oldest of the Reyburn children, has started to pick up on my southern accent. He consciously pronounced zebra tonight at supper just like we Americans do. Where as Scott, the youngest of the Reyburn children constantly reminds me of my mispronunciations. For instance, tonight I went to tell him hello while he was in the bath tub. I said "Hi Scott, are you having a nice bath?" He quickly responded "No Auntie Taylor, I'm having a nice ba(aa)th. (Similar sound of a sheep).

Now I am off to a bible study group with Dalene and her husband, Murray. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day as mine is almost over.

xoxo
America



No comments:

Post a Comment