Sunday, June 22, 2014

Day #5

So today's blog is going to be rather short. Simply because it's almost midnight here and I am exhausted.

This morning, I attended Eastside's church service. It is very much like the contemporary church service that we have at CBC. They play a lot of the same songs with a worship band. After church, we headed back home where I caught up on FaceTiming with all of my friends and family. I also had the chance to FaceTime with my Sunday School class which I have missed oh so much.

Around 4pm, the Reyburn's took me to a local park like reservation where they have numerous trails that you can walk through to see various animals. We literally walked within a few feet from wild ostriches and zebras- it was extremely cool.

At 6pm, I went back to Eastside to attend their nightly service which is basically more for the youth. It was during this service that I was so nicely introduced to the entire church service as "the American". Which is completely fine. It's a mutual thing for them to pick on me as I pick on them as well.

After the service, I got invited to a little get together with the other young adults from Eastside. We went to a little restaurant called Cappuccino's where I got my very first cappuccino (it was delicious, by the way). I've made some great friends already and they were extremely helpful in ordering my food and also assisting me with paying in rands (African currency).

There's a lot to be done at Eastside this upcoming week in preparation for Holiday Club. I'll keep you posted. But for now, I'm going to sleep.

xoxo
Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Taylor I am glad you are enjoying your stay in South Africa. Mom and Dad miss you a lot. Hugs and Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete