Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day #4

Isaiah 61:1-3 reads:

"The spirit of the Sovereign Lord has filled me with His Spirit: He has chosen me and sent me to bring good news to the poor, to heal the broken-hearted, to announce release to captives and freedom to those in prison. He has sent me to proclaim that the time has come when the Lord will save his people... He has sent me to comfort all who mourn, to give to those who mourn in Zion joy and gladness instead of grief, a song of praise instead of sorrow. They will be like trees that the Lord himself has planted. They will all do what is right, and God will be praised for what He has done."

Today, I met members of the church that we will be working with for our trailer ministry week. I was able to spend time with their youth- getting to know them and just fellowshipping with them. We were there to train them and prepare them for the trailer ministry. The ultimate purpose of what we're doing is enabling them to do Holiday Club on their own without our help next year. We are assisting them in the establishment of a Holiday Club in general as this is a newly founded church in this particular community. It was a day unlike any other day I've ever experienced. It was a day filled with joy and laughter. A day of unity among various races, religious denominations, and cultures. In our preparation, we sang, prayed and shared ideas with one another.

On the prayer walk, I was accompanied by Katlego, a young girl in the group. We immediately "clicked" and talked the entire time during the walk. She was so patient in repeating her name with me 392,938,402 times as each time I pronounced it more incorrectly than the last. She finally said with a smile, "You can just call me Kat". It was so humbling to hear of her experiences and struggles and her newfound faith in the Lord. She showed me which shack she lived in and even introduced me to her mom on the way back.

After the walk, we made our way back to the church where we played an ice breaker game with the youth that will be assisting us with teaching during the trailer ministry week. As we played, there was a small girl who had fallen down while playing on the playground set and was crying. I motioned for her to come to me but she wouldn't. Later on, I tried my very hardest to get the little girl to at least crack a smile for me. I gave her oranges, played peek-a-boo, but still nothing would work. Finally, I tried the same trick I do with Drake to get him smile and she immediately began to smile and giggle. From then on out, she stayed in my lap, and then in my arms as we closed in prayer. It was so great to be able to share all of the love I have bottled up inside of me since I haven't seen Drake.

Today was merely a taste of what the trailer ministry week will be like and I could not be more excited.

xoxo
Taylor





No comments:

Post a Comment