Tuesday, June 17, 2014

On African Soil

Wow! What a long and exhausting day! Not only am I physically drained but emotionally drained as well. I thought that Monday would be a piece of cake compared to Sunday when I said goodbye to such a vast number of friends and family (and Drake!). Boy was I wrong. Leaving the only two people that have been a steady constant in my life for the past 19 years was possibly the hardest thing I've ever done.

Amazingly, I managed my way through two unfamiliar airports, alone. I swiftly and successfully navigated my way through security, trams, and luggage claims.

The flight....well that's an entirely different story that I do not have the brain power to vent about. I will say that the food was awful, and the gentlemen who sat beside me kept me awake all 17 hours with the sweet sound of his snoring. However, I did have slight revenge when I woke up from a 10 minute nap in a panic from a severe nightmare of a plane crash, jolting in my seat and flailing my arm only to wake him up from his snoozing.

Anywho, I am safe and sound and trying to adjust to the major time loss. I'm ready for a hot shower and a bed! More to come tomorrow.

xoxo
Taylor

2 comments:

  1. Taylor, I am so glad you are safe and sound. I look forward to hearing about your adventures over the next 8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are safe Sissy! I will be sending lots of pictures of Drake!

    ReplyDelete